Visiting and playing some minigolf in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex.
We've just returned from a trip to East Anglia to visit family and friends in the area. It's the first time we've been there since 2019 and there were a few new minigolf courses to swing by on our Crazy World of Minigolf Tour
. We also managed to revisit some of our favourite layouts on the trip.
Before the holiday Emily and I had visited a combined total of 967 courses since September 2006. My little brother Christopher is a founding member of the tour and with the courses he has been to we were at 998 courses. With his wife Nina joining the adventures the tally stood at 999 courses before the trip!
In total we managed to visit thirteen courses, with six of them being new to our tour. Some of the courses we had played at before had undergone some changes, with new names and the addition of new holes to extend the layouts.
We also hit the 1,000th course visit milestone on the trip. Twice. The first was at Glo Golf in Peterborough, the second was at Crazier Golf at Boom: Battle Bar in Norwich.
Here's a look at the lucky thirteen courses and the stats from our trip.
Pitch & Putt at Orton Meadows Golf Course in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Course visit 968 by Richard & Emily Gottfried.
- Number 929 in the British Isles.
- The 998th visited on the three founding members Crazy World of Minigolf Tour.
- The 999th visited on our combined travels.
Glo Golf in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
Crazier Golf at Boom: Battle Bar in Norwich, Norfolk
- Course visit 970 by Richard & Emily.
- Number 931 in the British Isles.
- The 552nd played.
- The 1000th visited on the founders tour.
- The 1001st visited on the combined tour.
Pirates Island Adventure Golf at Norfolk Premier Golf in Blofield, Norfolk
Lost World Adventure Golf in Hemsby, Norfolk
Stonehenge Mini Golf in Hemsby, Norfolk
Thatched Roof Putting / Kirkley Cliff Putting Green in Lowestoft, Suffolk
- A revisit to the 264th course played.
- The easternmost Putting course in the British Isles.
Family Adventure Golf at Little Joe's Ice Cream Shack in Lowestoft, Suffolk
Magical Golf at Mannings in Felixstowe, Suffolk
- A revisit to the 5th course played.
Fantasia Adventure Golf in Felixstowe, Suffolk
- A revisit to the 7th course played.
Skull Point Adventure Golf in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- Course visit numbers 972 / 1002 / 1003.
Greensward Adventure Golf in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- Course visit numbers 973 / 1003 / 1004.
Pavilion Adventure Golf at the Pavilion Fun Park in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- A revisit to the 94th course played.
- It was an 11-hole course, now a 14-hole Adventure Golf course with a different theme.
Check out our Crazy World of Minigolf Tour page to see details of all the courses we've been to since September 2006.