Visiting and playing some minigolf in Cambridgeshire, Norfolk, Suffolk and Essex.
We've just returned from a trip to East Anglia to visit family and friends in the area. It's the first time we've been there since 2019 and there were a few new minigolf courses to swing by on our Crazy World of Minigolf Tour. We also managed to revisit some of our favourite layouts on the trip.
Before the holiday Emily and I had visited a combined total of 967 courses since September 2006. My little brother Christopher is a founding member of the tour and with the courses he has been to we were at 998 courses. With his wife Nina joining the adventures the tally stood at 999 courses before the trip!
In total we managed to visit thirteen courses, with six of them being new to our tour. Some of the courses we had played at before had undergone some changes, with new names and the addition of new holes to extend the layouts.
We also hit the 1,000th course visit milestone on the trip. Twice. The first was at Glo Golf in Peterborough, the second was at Crazier Golf at Boom: Battle Bar in Norwich.
Here's a look at the lucky thirteen courses and the stats from our trip.
Pitch & Putt at Orton Meadows Golf Course in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Course visit 968 by Richard & Emily Gottfried.
- Number 929 in the British Isles.
- The 998th visited on the three founding members Crazy World of Minigolf Tour.
- The 999th visited on our combined travels.
Glo Golf in Peterborough, Cambridgeshire
- Course visit 969 by Richard & Emily.
- Number 930 in the British Isles.
- The 551st course we've played.
- The 999th visited on the founders tour.
- The 1000th visited on the combined tour.
Crazier Golf at Boom: Battle Bar in Norwich, Norfolk
- Course visit 970 by Richard & Emily.
- Number 931 in the British Isles.
- The 552nd played.
- The 1000th visited on the founders tour.
- The 1001st visited on the combined tour.
Pirates Island Adventure Golf at Norfolk Premier Golf in Blofield, Norfolk
Lost World Adventure Golf in Hemsby, Norfolk
Stonehenge Mini Golf in Hemsby, Norfolk
Thatched Roof Putting / Kirkley Cliff Putting Green in Lowestoft, Suffolk
- A revisit to the 264th course played.
- The easternmost Putting course in the British Isles.
Family Adventure Golf at Little Joe's Ice Cream Shack in Lowestoft, Suffolk
- A revisit to the 20th course played.
- The easternmost Adventure Golf course in the British Isles.
Magical Golf at Mannings in Felixstowe, Suffolk
- A revisit to the 5th course played.
Fantasia Adventure Golf in Felixstowe, Suffolk
- A revisit to the 7th course played.
Skull Point Adventure Golf in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- Course visit numbers 972 / 1002 / 1003.
Greensward Adventure Golf in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- Course visit numbers 973 / 1003 / 1004.
Pavilion Adventure Golf at the Pavilion Fun Park in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex
- A revisit to the 94th course played.
- It was an 11-hole course, now a 14-hole Adventure Golf course with a different theme.
We swung by the Putting Green at Kirkley Cliff in Lowestoft, Suffolk during our East Anglian Road-Trip in August.
We stayed in Norwich for part of our East Anglian road-trip and the second miniature golf course we played was the Crazier Golf layout at the first Boom: Battle Bar location in the Castle Quarter shopping and entertainment venue in the city centre.
A visit to the Adventure Golf course at the Greensward Cafe in Clacton-on-Sea.
Here's a look at the Skull Point Adventure Golf course in Clacton-on-Sea, Essex.
We took a look at the Pavilion Adventure Golf in Clacton-on-Sea during our visit to the town on our East Anglian Road-Trip.
Here's a look at the Pirates Island Adventure Golf course at Norfolk Premier Golf in Blofield, Norfolk.
A look at the easternmost Adventure Golf course in the British Isles.
Post a Comment