Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Minigolf Doubles Match - Great Britain Internationals vs. Kosovo National Minigolf Team

During the practice days for the inaugural WMF World Adventure Golf Masters tournament in Hastings I got to meet the Kosovan National Minigolf Team, comprised of Lavdim Zylfiu and Arben Alija, at the course. The tournament was the first International minigolf event for the players, and indeed Kosovo.

Over the two tournament days I was grouped with Arben, who scored a very impressive and course record breaking round of 27(-9) in his fourth round of the tournament.

However, prior to the tournament proper teeing-off, me and fellow Great Britain International Minigolfer Alan 'Stormin' Norman challenged the Kosovan Duo to an 18-hole Doubles Strokeplay International Friendly on the new Pirate Adventure Golf Course. The challenge was accepted.

In our third match as a Doubles Team, Alan and I managed to score 73(+1) as a pair, with Alan storming to an impressive 32(-4), while I was obviously holding back my best play until the tourrnament itself, as I scored a sorry 41(+5). Lavdim and Arben both scored 38(+2) for a team total of 76(+4) to just miss out on the win.

I'm looking forward to a minigolf rematch with them in the future!

Photo: From l-r Arben Alija, Richard Gottfried, Alan Norman, Lavdim Zylfiu.

The Kosovan Team play their Minigolf at the Pro Mini Golf course at Prishtina Golf.

No comments: