A look at new miniature golf courses in the UK.
There are a number of new minigolf courses being built, in development or planned to open in the UK.
It's great to see that the game's popularity is continuing. Before the coronavirus pandemic minigolf was booming, with new courses opening up every month.
Over the last few months we've found out about the following minigolf courses:
- Wolverhampton Adventure Golf, an 18-hole dinosaur-themed adventure golf course at Perton Park Golf Club in Wolverhampton. It was the first brand new course to open during the pandemic.
- Mini Golf at Sea Acres Holiday Park at Kennack Sands in Cornwall. This is a Swedish Felt type of course.
- Crazy Golf at Ighton Leigh Social Club in Burnley.
- Adventure Golf at Fairhaven Lake in Lytham St Annes on the Fylde coast.
- Adventure Golf at China Fleet Country Club in Saltash, Cornwall.
- A new Crazy Golf course is planed to open at the Filwood Community Centre in Knowle West, Bristol. They have a Putt at Home Crazy Golf Club in the meantime.
- The new Roxy Ball Room at Withy Grove in Manchester will include minigolf among the games on offer.
- Jungle Rumble Adventure Golf are creating a course in Putney, London.
- A new Caddyshackers Crazy Golf bar could be heading to Nottingham.
- Work will soon be underway again at the Princess Parade Crazy Golf course in Blackpool.
- There are plans for a new Ghetto Golf venue in Sheffield
- An indoor Adventure Golf centre is planned for Birmingham's Bullring shopping centre
- A Crazy Golf course is planned to open at Kingsway West Retail Park in Dundee
- A new Adventure Golf course is planned to replace the old layout in Andover, Hampshire.
- Work is also almost complete at the new Crazy Golf course at Pembrey Country Park in Wales.
- Boom Battle Bar will have a minigolf course when it opens in Norwich.
- The new Gravity venue in Northampton was completed just as lockdown was announced and is ready to play when it is safe to reopen.
If you know of any other new minigolf courses opening, or are planning to create one please do get in touch.
Our Crazy World of Minigolf Tour
Before the pandemic we were closing in on visiting the final 40 courses of the original 600 we set out to play in 2006. We're also very close to hitting 1,000 course visits overall.
Before the lockdown hit and our out-of-home putting was paused we'd visited 948 courses since September 2006.
We're now up to 949 course visits as we found a Pitch & Putt course on one of our daily walks last month.
We'd had a very strong start to the year and visited 20 courses in the first 20 days of 2020.
Who knows where and when our 950th course visit will be...?
With over twenty years of marketing and sales experience each we offer consultancy services to people and businesses looking to set-up miniature golf courses, review their operations, hole designs, contests, tournaments and more.
Do get in touch for a chat to see how we can help and work together.