Monday, July 20, 2020

Old Iceland

Spotting some old Iceland signage on a modern Iceland store.


I had to take a second look when I saw these signs on the Iceland supermarket in Holywell, North Wales.

Iceland in Holywell, Wales
Iceland with pre-year 2000 branding. In 2018

I hadn't seen Iceland signage and branding like this for a while!

There can't be many other branches of Iceland still carrying this old style can there...?

It's always interesting finding quirky signs and old shopfronts on my travels. In recent years I've seen the ghostly remnants of Tandy, Radioshack, Woolworths, Blockbuster Video, Toys R Us and Kwik Save on the high street.

3 comments:

Richard Gottfried said...

Knowing my interest in retro retail signage my friend and minigolf rival Martyn Williams sent me over a snap of the retro signage at the Iceland supermarket in Port Talbot, Wales.

Anonymous said...

There is actually an Iceland in Enniskillen which has the pre-2000 logo as well. It’s a very circular building so they must have thought the new logo would look weird on it.

Richard Gottfried said...

Thanks for letting me know. Great to hear. I'll add it to my 'to spot' list!