Today is International Coeliac Day.
Other important dates for your gluten free diary:
- May is Celiac Awareness Month.
- In the UK Coeliac Awareness Week 2020 (aka Gluten Free Community Week) runs from the 11th to the 17th May.
- International Coeliac Day is on Saturday 16th May.
- National Celiac Disease Awareness Day is on the 13th September this year.
- The week before Christmas is Gluten Free Baking Week.
About Coeliac Disease
Coeliac Disease (Celiac in the US and Canada) is a lifelong autoimmune disease caused by intolerance to gluten and the only treatment is to adhere to a strict lifelong gluten free diet.
In the UK it's estimated that 1 in 100 people have the condition.