Sunday, May 24, 2020

A crazy golf postcard from Butlinland Minehead

A look at an old crazy golf postcard from Butlin's Minehead.


One of the old miniature golf postcards I found at the last postcard fair I attended before the pandemic lockdown was this superb John Hinde one showing the Crazy Golf and Chair Lift at Butlinland Minehead.

Butlinland Minehead. Crazy Golf and Chair Lift. John Hinde Studios. 24 May 1976
Butlinland Minehead. Crazy Golf and Chair Lift. John Hinde Studios. 24 May 1976

The card was posted from Minehead to Devizes in Wiltshire on the 24th May 1976.

I grew up on holidays at Butlin's holiday camps in Minehead, Bognor Regis and Ayr.

I've got brilliant memories of the monorail, funfair, laser tag and arcades there. It's little wonder that even now I'm such a big fan of the British seaside, crazy golf and video-games.

No comments: