- The world's first miniature golf course was set-up at St Andrews, Scotland in 1867.
|Playing The Himalayas at St Andrews in April 2012|
- James Barber opened the first minigolf course in the USA in 1916. The 'Lilliputian' miniature golf course was called 'Thistle Dhu' and located in Pinehurst, North Carolina.
- A Miniature Golf contest was part of the Olympic Games at the 1904 St Louis Games in the USA.
- Crazy Golf is 94 years old in 2020. The first course opened on South Parade in Skegness, Lincolnshire, England in 1926.
|At The Original Crazy Golf in Skegness in May 2015|
- 1926 also saw the first artificial miniature golf course open in the USA. Garnet Carter opened the 'Tom Thumb' miniature golf course near Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
- The first National Tom Thumb Golf Championship took place on the 23rd October 1930.