The 14th, 15th and 16th courses we visited and played on the Crazy World of Minigolf Tour were in Southend-on-Sea, Essex, on Saturday 31st of March 2007. We were in town to enjoy the seaside and also get in a bit of practice ahead of my debut in a British Minigolf Association tournament.
A year ago today we headed back to Southend for a family event, and made another revisit to the great Minigolf courses at the resort, of which there are three.
In the Adventure Island Theme Park itself there is an 18-hole Adventure Golf layout, divided into two separate 9-hole courses - the Inca Challenge and the Aztec Adventure. Just down the esplanade next to the Sea Life Centre is an 18-hole Arnold Palmer Crazy Golf course. When we first visited in 2007 (and for a couple of years after) there was a second 18-hole course that was in a 'derelict' state.
Photos from our visit in March 2007
Back in 2007 I made my Professional Minigolf Debut in the BMGA British Masters tournament in Southend-on-Sea, where I finished in 24th spot of 28 players. I've since played in a further 66 BMGA Tour Events, and a number of other Minigolf Competitions in the UK and Overseas.
Other courses in Essex visited on the road to Southend-on-Sea a year ago today included Brentwood, Billericay and Wickford and we visited Upminster, Hornchurch, Romford and Havering in Essex on the way home on Sunday 11th July 2010.
Ham & Egger Files Blog Posts about Southend-on-Sea:
- Minigolf Report from the BMGA British Masters 2008
- Arnold Palmer in Southend...
- Derelict Crazy Golf in Southend...
- Minigolf Friendly Match - 24/04/09 - Squire vs. His Excellency
- Minigolf Report from the BMGA British Masters & British Matchplay Championships 2009
- Then & Now – Southend Arnold Palmer ‘West’ Course
- Crazy World of Minigolf Tour heads 'South'!
- Minigolf in Southend on Sea - The Southend Classic 2010
- Minigolf in Southend on Sea - Arnold Palmer West Course
- Minigolf in Southend on Sea - The Southend Masters
- Minehead & Southend on Sea - pre-Crazy World of Minigolf Tour course visits
What started as an exploration of the minigolf courses in the UK and around the world has exploded into all areas of the weird, wonderful and especially the unique. Sharing the great (and not so great) things we find, learn about and appreciate as we go!
Sunday, July 10, 2011
Crazy Golf and Adventure Golf in Southend-on-Sea - Crazy World of Minigolf Tour
Posted by Richard Gottfried at Sunday, July 10, 2011
Labels: Crazy World of Minigolf Tour, Essex, Revisit, Southend, Southend on Sea
Location: Southend-on-Sea, Southend-on-Sea, UK
I’m a Champion Miniature Golfer on a tour of the UK’s minigolf and crazy golf courses. Coeliac living a gluten free life. Train nerd. Retro gamer. Urban explorer.
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment