I was tipped off about a new Putting/Minigolf course at Kingsway Golf Centre in Melbourn, Cambridgeshire by my fellow BMGA Tour member Adam 'AK47' Kelly, who informed me that the old Crazy Golf course (#156) has been replaced by a new 9-hole Putting Course called 'The Himalayas'!
When we visited on Saturday 12th December 2009 the area looked like this:
Back then it was the 200th overall course location visited on the Crazy World of Minigolf Tour, and the 156th course played.
The new look course was great fun and there were a few good Ace opportunities out there. There were also some nice and tricky holes there too!
It's well worth a visit to Kingsway Golf Centre and having a play on the Himalayas. It's good value too, at £3 for multiple plays.
The centre also has a 9-hole Putting Green which became course played number 197!
Melbourn continues to be a Crazy Minigolf 'hotbed' of sorts, as these are the sixth and seventh Miniature Golf courses we've played in the area on the Crazy World of Minigolf Tour!
Related blog posts:
- The 'original' Crazy Golf at Kingsway Golf Centre
- Whaddon Golf Centre (Putting Green & Crazy Golf)
- The Dolphin Pub (4-hole derelict Crazy Golf)
- Melbourn Village Fete (Miniature Crazy Golf)
- Crazy World of Minigolf Tour
- The Himalayas Putting Course at St Andrews, Scotland
- Minigolf & Crazy Golf at Wigan's Haigh Country Park
Like the Crazy World of Minigolf Tour on Facebook, check out our YouTube channel and follow me and Emily on Twitter.