Friday, October 11, 2019

A Coronation Street film location. In Blackpool

Visiting an infamous scene location in British soap history.


I was recently in Manchester city centre and was starstruck when I spotted Sue Nicholls and Mark Eden who played Audrey Roberts and Alan Bradley in Coronation Street.


This bit of celeb spotting got me chatting about the classic and infamous scene where the soap's baddie Alan Bradley got his comeuppance by getting killed by a tram in Blackpool.


My mate Marc 'The Roller' Bazeley and I jokingly wondered whether there was a plaque on the spot he was hit. After a little research I found out that there actually is a plaque to 'commemorate' the incident! It's on the entrance of The Strand Hotel.

Alan Bradley's Coronation Street tram plaque at The Strand Hotel in Blackpool

We regularly visit the seaside resort so on my latest day out there I had a look to see where the scene was filmed.

Scene of Alan Bradley's Coronation Street Death by Tram outside The Strand Hotel in Blackpool
The scene of telly soap baddie Alan Bradley's Coronation Street Death by Tram outside The Strand Hotel in Blackpool

Scene of Alan Bradley's Coronation Street Death by Tram outside The Strand Hotel in Blackpool
A view from outside The Strand Hotel

Scene of Alan Bradley's Coronation Street Death by Tram outside The Strand Hotel in Blackpool
A closer look at the tracks

A view of The Strand Hotel

A view of the street

I was able to avoid the same fate that befell one of soap's most notorious bad guys when I filmed this tram passing by the spot.


We've spotted quite a few interesting plaques on our travels.

Related blog posts:
Plaque-ing Interesting
- Blackpool
- Plaques

No comments: