Sunday, September 25, 2011

How I celebrated Miniature Golf Day 2011

As the Holiday Insights website informed the world, Wednesday 21st September was Miniature Golf Day.

I celebrated this extra special day in the world of Miniature Golf by visiting my local 9-hole Mini Golf course at Tea Green Golf Club at Wandon End, near Luton.


In a challenge match versus Tea Green Golf Club manager Lester Coles I was defeated over 18-holes by a scoreline of 34-36, I did however follow up this loss with a victory against (course record holder) Scott Holmes in an 18-hole match with a score of 33-35.

Next up we hit the very testing 6-hole Putting Green layout for a contest. The three of us began the round, but Lester was conveniently called away to the bar following a 3 and a 4 on the first two holes. Scott and I continued the 12-hole match with Scott hitting a 12(par) on the front 9, and me with a 14(+2). On the back 9 I managed an 11(-1) to Scott's 14(+2) for me to just edge the victory. Scott told me that prior to our rounds no-one had got close to Par on the 6-hole course layout since it was changed round recently.

It's always great fun heading up to Tea Green Golf Club to have a round or two of Putting and Mini Golf and plenty of banter too! A great way to spend Miniature Golf Day!


The 9-hole Mini Golf course was the 111th course played on our Crazy World of Minigolf Tour back in July 2009, the Putting course was the 113th played.
On the way to Tea Green I had swung by Wardown Park to take a snap of the courses down there. Both the Mini Golf (Putting) #19 and the Crazy Golf #18 were closed (for the season).


Blog Post - Happy Miniature Golf Day

Blog Post - I'm a Raffle Prize at the MacMillan Coffee Morning at Tea Green Golf Club, Wandon End, near Luton

No comments: