A visit to England's first Municipal Links Golf course - Southport Golf Links.
As a miniature golf historian I was quite interested to walk passed Southport Municipal Golf course on our recent trip to the seaside town. Opened in 1912, the course is England's oldest municipal links course.
|The Art Deco clubhouse looked marvellous|
|A nice touch on the outside of Southport Golf Links|
On our Crazy World of Minigolf Tour we've visited and played a number of historic courses including:
- The world's first Miniature Golf course - The Himalayas at St Andrews which opened in 1867.
- England's first Crazy Golf course on South Parade in Skegness was opened in 1926. There's still a course on the site today.
- England's first Pitch & Putt course purpose built for use by members of the public opened on Southsea seafront in 1914.
Related blog posts:
- The Himalayas Putting Course at St Andrews, Scotland
- The Original Crazy Golf in Skegness
- Southsea Golf Links
- Crazy World of Minigolf Tour
Give the Crazy World of Minigolf Tour a Like on Facebook, watch our YouTube channel and follow us on Twitter @putting_gott and @Ems_Lems.
You can now sign-up to receive our miniature golf newsletter.