Sunday, October 09, 2016

Sports Philatelists International and the Journal of Sport Philately

This year I joined the Olympin Club and through that I heard about Sports Philatelists International! As a collector of sporting postcards and Olympic memorabilia I had to join that club too.

This week I received the Fall 2016 issue of the Journal of Sports Philately in the post. Not only is the journal a great read and packed full of great images and info, but the club have taken the time and effort to mail it out with some fantastic stamps on the envelope. Take a look at the photo below to see what I mean!

I never knew there had been a re-issue of the infamous Inverted Jenny stamp
What an envelope

The Inverted Jenny stamp reissue
Seeing these two stamps on the piece of post made me incredibly happy - and surprised! I never knew there had been a re-issue of the infamous Inverted Jenny stamp

For more information and joining instructions check out the Sports Philatelists International website and Facebook page.

Links:
- Sports Philatelists International
- Olympin Club
- The Inverted Jenny stamp 

2 comments:

The Logician said...

Thanks are entirely due our publisher, John La Porta, who addresses, stamps and mails each issue of the journal!

Richard Gottfried said...

What a marvellous job he's doing. An absolutely first-class finishing touch to a fine publication.