Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Gluten free at the Black Tiles Restaurant & Bar

A visit to the Black Tiles Restaurant & Bar in Woodbridge.

Over the years I have provided a number of gluten free food reviews to Travel Gluten Free and the site recently let me know they'd been contacted by the Black Tiles Restaurant & Bar to tell them about their gluten free menu.

We're always searching for new places to visit and often head back to Emily's home town of Ipswich, and Woodbridge is right next to it.

Last weekend we booked a table for a lunch and looked forward to giving the food a try.

There's a lot to choose from on the gluten free menu. I decided to go for one of my favourites, the Slow roast pork belly, bubble & squeak, apple sauce and crackling.

I noticed chips were also on the gluten free menu, and ever vigilant of potential cross-contamination risks, asked how they were cooked. Without hesitation the waitress let me know that they were cooked in a separate fryer to avoid cross-contamination. I ordered a portion as a treat as it's not often I get to eat chips in restaurants.

Gluten free lunch at the Black Tiles Restaurant & Bar in Martlesham, Woodbridge
Gluten free lunch at the Black Tiles Restaurant & Bar in Martlesham, Woodbridge

After a filling meal I wasn't going to have a dessert, but as Emily and her sister Jo both ordered puddings I decided to have an Eton Mess too. And I'm glad I did.

The food and service was very good and the pub was nice. We'd return for another meal.

Check out the Black Tiles Restaurant & Bar website and the gluten free menu.

Related blog posts:
Gluten Free
Coeliac

Links:
- Black Tiles Restaurant & Bar
- Travel Gluten Free

No comments: