Thursday, February 11, 2010
From the archives...Arnold Palmer Starr Gate Crazy Golf in Blackpool (April 2008)
As the Blackpool Pleasure Beach Open minigolf champion the seaside resort will always be special to me. In addition to the excellent Pleasure Beach Adventure Golf course, Blackpool is also home to a number of other Crazy Golf, Minigolf, Miniature Golf and Adventure Golf courses, as well as a Putting Green.
One of these courses is the Arnold Palmer Crazy Golf course at Starr Gate. This 18-hole course was the 45th course we visited on the Crazy World of Minigolf Tour back on the 12th April 2008 (while in Blackpool for the 2008 Pleasure Beach Open tournament).
In our Irregular Mini Golf Tour match at Starr Gate, Emily and I both scored 49(+13), but as I had scored most holes-in-one (1!?) I picked up the victory!
The course also featured one of the highest placed giant fake ice cream cones I have seen on my travels - very unique!
Other Crazy Golf and Minigolf photos from our visit to Blackpool in April 2008.
Some of Blackpool's other courses were also visited in September 2009:
- Minigolf Course Visit No. 151 - Blackpool, Golden Isle Indoor Adventure Golf
- Minigolf Course Visit No. 152 - Fleetwood Crazy Golf
- Crazy World of Minigolf Tour - Closed course in Blackpool (1) - Gynn Gardens
- Crazy World of Minigolf Tour - Closed course in Blackpool (2) - Metropole Hotel
Related blog posts:
- Minigolf, Crazy Golf and Adventure Golf Courses in and around Blackpool
- Crazy World of Minigolf Tour - Courses Visited List
Labels: Arnold Palmer, Blackpool, Crazy Golf, Crazy World of Minigolf Tour, Emily Gottfried, Richard Gottfried, Starr Gate
Location: Starr Gate, Blackpool, UK
I’m a Champion Miniature Golfer on a tour of the UK’s minigolf and crazy golf courses. Coeliac living a gluten free life. Train nerd. Retro gamer. Urban explorer.