Friday, May 08, 2009

A year ago in Minigolf...

A year ago this weekend, Emily and I were in Tampere, Finland having been selected to be members of the Great Britain Minigolf Sport team that competed in the 2008 WMF Nations Cup.


The Great Britain Minigolf teams finished the tournament in 12th & 13th places.


In the individual rankings Richard finished in 51st place and Emily in 53rd.



The whole experiencing of representing my country and playing minigolf on the tough Tampere, Finland courses has definitely improved my playing skills - I've since become a BMGA British Club Champion, Weymouth Open Champion and holder of the Manchester Mini Masters title!


Back in May 2008 I was ranked 25th in the BMGA Order of Merit Rankings and at present I am ranked 17th in Great Britain.

This year the Great Britain Minigolf Sport team will be going to Odense in Denmark for the World Minigolf Championships.

Full details, results and statistics from the WMF Nations Cup 2008 can be found here.


Photos from Nations Cup 2008.

My original Nations Cup 2008 Blog Post can be found at the following link:
http://hamandeggerfiles.blogspot.com/2008/05/nations-cup-tampere-finland.html

No comments: