Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Minigolf Report – BMGA English Open

12th May 2009
Press Information
For Immediate Release

Minigolf Report – BMGA English Open

On Sunday 10th May Luton Minigolfers Richard and Emily Gottfried travelled to Hoveton in Norfolk to compete in a field of 37 players in the BMGA English Open. The competition was played over 54-holes at the 18-hole Adventure Golf course at Wroxham Barns.

Richard finished in 16th place after rounds of 39 (+3), 38 (+2) and 40 (+4) for a total of 117 (+9), including five holes-in-one.


Emily Gottfried finished in 28th spot after rounds of 43 (+7), 46 (+10) and 38 (+2) for a total of 127(+19), including four holes-in-one.


The tournament was won by Nick Chitty with a total of 95 (-13). Nick also broke the course record with a round of 29 (-7), beating the previous record which was 34 (-2) and set by Richard in August last year.

Richard said “Last year I was 4th in the English Open so I was hoping for a good finish this year but it just wasn’t to be. I started the day with a four on a hole I should have Aced and didn’t play my best after that. It wasn’t my worst performance, but it was far from my best”

Ends

No comments: