For Immediate Use
Minigolf Report – St George’s Day Classic in Stratford-upon-Avon
The first ever St George’s Day Classic minigolf competition took place on the 23rd April 2010 to celebrate England's Patron Saint and England's National Day, at the Recreation Ground Minigolf Course in Stratford-upon-Avon.
17 minigolfers took part in the event, with an individual St George’s Day Classic title up for grabs, along with a team prize.
Photo: The players line-up before the competition
In the St George’s Day Classic players competition it was London’s Gareth Holmes that picked up the win with an excellent round of 30(-6). Luton’s Richard Gottfried was runner-up with 33(-3). In tied third-place were Nick Chitty and Welsh guest player Tim ‘Ace Man’ Davies.
Photo: St George's Day Classic Champion Gareth Holmes receives his prizes from Emily Gottfried
Photo: Gareth Holmes holds aloft the St George's Day Classic Trophy (donated by the majority of the Welsh Team!?)
In the St George’s Day Classic team competition England ‘A’ won with a cumulative team score of 170(-10). Wales were second with 187(+7). Scotland were third with 192.5(+12.5) and England ‘B’ were fourth with 205(+25).
Photo: The St George's Day Classic Team Champions - England 'A'
• One 18-hole round played by all players
• Lowest score by an English Player wins the St George's Day Classic Title
• Other 'Home International Players' are 'Guests'
• England Team line-ups drawn blind by random 'balls in a hat system'
• All team's total scores are the combined player's scores from the individual round
• Lowest cumulative team score wins the St George's Day Classic Team Title
Photo: From l-r Chris Jones, Gareth Holmes, Alan Norman, Richard Gottfried, Nick Chitty
Photo: From l-r Jas Kukielka, Seve Kukielka, Leo Kukielka, Cindy Kukielka, Tim Davies