Saturday, July 05, 2014

The Allergy and Free From Show 2014 at Olympia

Visiting the Allergy and Free From Show at Olympia.

My haul of information and freebies from the Allergy and Free From Show
My haul of information and freebies from the Allergy and Free From Show

Today I visited day two of the three day Allergy and Free From Show at Olympia in London. The event had dozens of suppliers, thousands of free from products and tens of thousands of people with allergies, intolerances, sensitivities and autoimmune diseases, disorders and conditions (such as Coeliac Disease).

Among the thousands of 'free from' products at the event were many I hadn't seen or tasted before, such as those from Delicious Alchemy, Venice Bakery, Focaccia per Tutti and 1-2-3 Gluten Free.

The Allergy and Free From Show 2014 at Olympia
The Allergy and Free From Show 2014 at Olympia

I spent a good four hours checking out the stands, finding out product information and sampling food and drink. It was great to see some of my favourite gluten and wheat free brands at the show, including Celia Lager, Honeyrose Bakery, Eskal Foods, Kabuto Noodles, and the event's headline sponsor Udi's Gluten Free.

Udi's Gluten Free are the headline sponsor of the event and I picked up three of their products I haven't tried yet
Udi's Gluten Free are the headline sponsor of the event and I picked up three of their products I haven't tried yet

I also really enjoyed speaking to a number of people who are really passionate about providing great quality (and interesting) food and drink for people with Coeliac Disease and getting info on their brands.

Visit the Allergy and Free From Show website for details on how to attend the third and final day.

The 2014 Allergy and Free From Show is co-locating with three other shows at Olympia and if you attend you can also visit the V Delicious, Love Natural Love Organic and The Back Pain Show.

If you can't make the final day of the 2014 London show then you can attend the Allergy and Free From Show North that is taking place on the 25th and 26th of October at the BT Convention Centre in Liverpool.

Its going to take me a while to digest all the information from the event and I'll be writing more blog posts about my visit and all the great gluten & wheat free food and drink I tried and discovered at the show in the coming weeks.

I'm always keen to find out about gluten and wheat free brands that are suitable for people with Coeliac Disease so please do get in touch if you know of any, or are a producer/supplier.

Links:
- The Allergy and Free From Show
- Udi's Gluten Free
- Coeliac UK
- Gluten Free related blog posts on the Ham & Egger Files

2 comments:

Richard Gottfried said...

I was given a jar of of Green's Dark Ale Mustard at the Allergy and Free From Show. Check out what I made with it (and what I plan to use it with).

Richard Gottfried said...

Following the Allergy and Free From show I've received some of the new products from Udi's Gluten Free.

Check out my blog post at "New products from Udi's Gluten Free."