Friday, December 06, 2013

Udi’s Gluten Free – more than just mince pies

Finding out more about the new range of Udi’s gluten free food.

While shopping in the Dunstable branch of Tesco Emily and I spotted a new range of food in the Free From section of the supermarket.

A selection of the range of Udi's Gluten Free food that I've tried so far

The brand was Udi’s and recently launched in the UK. It’s been going strong in the USA since 1994.

One of the products in Udi’s range of gluten free food are the Rich n’ Fruity Mince Pies. This year I had my first mince pie of the festive season a little later than in 2012, but since that first mince pie in October I’ve bought (and scoffed) at least four more boxes!

The first of Udi's products I tried were the Mince Pies - back in October! Very festive.

On that shopping trip we also bought packs of the Udi’s Ancient Grain crisps – in both Jalapeno Cheddar and Aged Cheddar flavours.

Udi's Ancient Grain crisps also come in a very tasty Aged Cheddar flavour

After seeing “My first gluten free Mince Pie of the festive season” blog post the team at Udi’s got in touch to send me a hamper of their range, which was very much appreciated.

When I received the box of goodies from Udi’s the first product that caught my eye was the Chocolate Chip & Toffee Flavoured Muffins. And they tasted as good as they sound.

One of my favourites among the Udi's range - the Chocolate Chip & Toffee Flavoured Muffins

Next to be tried, though not on the same day, were the Cinnamon & Raisin Bagels. While not a fan of bagels (I've always found them to be very dry, and haven't eaten one since I was diagnosed with Coeliac Disease) I found the Udi's ones to be very nice. They were helped by not being plain ones and as the packet says, they taste great toasted.

The Cinnamon & Raisin Bagels. The best I've tried.

Next out of the bag were the Toaster Pastries. These caught both me and Emily's eyes and brought back memories of pop tarts!

The most interesting of the Udi's range are the retro Toaster Pastries!

As we don't own a toaster we simply put them under the grill for a few minutes to heat them up to that perfect molten lava level before allowing them to cool a bit.

Emily is a fan of the Strawberry Flavoured ones, while I liked the Apple Cinnamon ones more, but would be equally happy with either for a breakfast treat.

The products Udi's sent through to me, and those we've seen in-store are just a selection of the range they are bringing to the UK.

Emily also recently bought a pack of the soft white Classic Finger Rolls and we’re going to use them with some frankfurters we found that were gluten free while shopping in Aldi last week.

Looking at Udi’s US website it’ll be interesting to see if the small and large Tortillas they offer will also be an item they’ll be bringing to these shore as we're big fans of Mexican food!

Check out the Udi’s website for details of the full range and to sign-up for the email newsletter

Related blog posts:

Links:

1 comment:

Richard Gottfried said...

Check out my blog post about some of the new products available from Udi's Gluten Free - "New products from Udi's Gluten Free."