This week is Museum Week.
MuseumWeek is an annual offline and online event based on the mechanism 7 days, 7 topics, 7 hashtags.
- 13 June: #innovationMW
- 14 June: #creatorsMW
- 15 June: #freedomMW
- 16 June: #sexualityMW
- 17 June: #environmentMW
- 18 June: #lifeLessonsMW
- 19 June: #danceMW
Find out more on the Museum Week website.
The Crazy Golf Museum
|The Crazy Golf Museum|
Did you know:
- The world's first Miniature Golf course was created at St Andrews, Scotland in 1867. The Himalayas is still there now and is a real pleasure to play.
- The first minigolf course in the USA opened in 1916. James Barber opened the 'Thistle Dhu' layout in Pinehurst, NC.
- A Miniature Golf contest was part of the Olympic Games at the 1904 St Louis Games.
- The very first Crazy Golf course in the UK opened on South Parade in Skegness, Lincolnshire, England.
- The first artificial miniature golf course open in the USA in 1926 when Garnet Carter created the 'Tom Thumb' miniature golf course near Lookout Mountain in Chattanooga, TN.
- The first National Tom Thumb Golf Championship took place on the 23rd October 1930.
- The first Putt-Putt Golf course was set-up by Don Clayton in Fayetteville, North Carolina, USA back in 1954.
- National Miniature Golf Day always falls on the second Saturday in May.
- Miniature Golf Day is always on the 21st of September.