One of the Minigolf courses was in the seaside town of Mundesley and it was a course neither Emily or I have played. Yet.
And now neither has Christopher. Although Nina 'Soon to be a Gottfried' Dukes has played the course before and claims to be the course record holder!
|The Exit of Adventure Island Golf in Mundesley, Norfolk. Photo by Christopher Gottfried, May 2014.|
Check out MiniatureGolfer.com where you can see more photos of the Adventure Island Golf course on Beach road in Mundesley taken by our fellow Minigolfing adventurers Paul and Owen Johnson on their visit in 2011.
The course looks good and similar to the Lost World Adventure Golf in nearby Hemsby - itself one of my favourite courses and one that has some excellent theming (when you're over by the Aztec Temple, snake pit and row of skulls on poles at the back of the course you'd never know you were in a busy seaside resort in Norfolk!).
Christopher is a charter member of the Crazy World of Minigolf Tour, playing at the first-ever course on the Tour and joining us for a fair few rounds along the way since 2006.
Finding Minigolf courses to be closed on your visit seems to run in the family! Check out the links below for blog posts about other courses visited by Christopher and Nina - although Christopher and Nina did manage to play the bizarre Windmill Theatre indoor Crazy Golf course in Great Yarmouth last year.
- Mundesley Adventure Island Golf
Related blog posts:
- Crazy World of Minigolf Tour
- Christopher Gottfried - Minigolf Player Profile
- A Gottfried & Dukes Minigolfing Match in Great Yarmouth
- Minigolf at Letoonia Golf Resort, Belek, Turkey
- Another unplayed Minigolf course, but not visited by me - Newquay
- Some photos of the Little Oasis Crazy Golf course in Margate, Kent
- Visits to the Mini Golf course in Herne Bay
- Minigolf News - A Gottfried visits a closed Crazy Golf course!