Crazy Golf is a classic part of seaside heritage and it's good to see that the game is being featured as part of the exhibition as a Putterfingers Portable Crazy Golf course will be at the museum on Friday 7th and Saturday 8th August for the Seaside Shields Golf Championship.
We've visited South Shields on our coastal travels and back in 2009 the Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf course became the 100th played on the Crazy World of Minigolf Tour.
|Adventure Golfing in South Shields|
Emily revisited South Shields in 2012 and had another round on the course.
Over the years we've also played a few Putterfingers minigolf courses on our tour.
Seaside Shields runs until the 31st October 2015. For more information check out the South Shields Museum & Art Gallery website and minigolf event page.
In 2011 Stevenage Museum ran an exhibition on British Holiday Camps. That also featured Crazy Golf.
Don't forget to check out The Crazy Golf Museum website and on Twitter for more on the history of miniature golf.
- South Shields Museum & Art Gallery
- Crazy Golf Museum
- Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf course
- Crazy World of Minigolf Tour
Related blog posts:
- Gottfried's Crazy World of Minigolf Tour - Minigolf Course Played No. 100!!!
- Revisit & Replay of Smugglers Cove Adventure Golf in South Shields
- "Morning Campers!" A British Holiday Camp Exhibition at Stevenage Museum - with Crazy Golf!
Like the Crazy World of Minigolf Tour on Facebook, check out our YouTube channel and follow me and Emily on Twitter.