Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Winning the Weymouth Mini Golf Open

I won the Weymouth Open minigolf tournament on this day in 2008.


Weymouth Open minigolf champion Richard Gottfried

The inaugural Weymouth Open minigolf competition was held on the 18-hole Pirate Adventure Mini Golf course at the Weymouth Sea Life Centre at Lodmoor Country Park in Weymouth, Dorset on Sunday 12th October 2008.

Pirate Adventure Mini Golf at Lodmoor Country Park in Weymouth

I had an excellent career record in Weymouth Open events. As well as winning the individual title in 2008 my team-mate Chris Harding and I were the Weymouth Open doubles champions in 2011.

I was also runner-up in the 2009 and 2011 events and seventh in 2010. In the 2009 tournament Kevin Moseley and I were tied after two rounds and it took 4-holes of a sudden-death play-off to separate us.

The Pirate Adventure Mini Golf course was the 77th played on our Crazy World of Minigolf Tour. We've now been to 1,004 courses since September 2006.

No comments: