Saturday, April 28, 2012

Five years as a 'Pro' Minigolfer

Playing on the British Minigolf Association Tour since 2007.

Back on the 28th April 2007 I made my BMGA Tour debut in the BMGA British Masters minigolf competition at the Adventure Golf course at Adventure Island in Southend-on-Sea. Last weekend I played in my fourth BMGA British Masters event in five years at the Splash Point Mini Golf course in Worthing.

At the Adventure Island courses in Southend-on-Sea ahead of my BMGA Tour debut in 2007


I officially joined the British Minigolf Association on Monday 22nd January 2007 and made my first appearance in the third tournament of the season (I missed the Planet Hastings Crazy Golf Club Open and the Irish Open).

In the 2007 BMGA British Masters I finished in 24th place in the 28 player field, earned one ranking point and was second in the novice category behind Alan Norman and ahead of Ian Barrett. Of the three of us, Alan and I have continued to regularly play on the Tour, while Ian was never seen again! You can read a report and see the results of the 2007 BMGA British Masters - won by Keith Kellard - at MiniatureGolfer.com. In fact my rival Alan 'Stormin' Norman and I were on the same score and paired together for the final round of the 2012 BMGA British Masters in Worthing. In that mini-contest I defeated Alan and finished 16th (I scored a 43 while he shot a 50).

Since that first appearance on the BMGA Tour I have competed in 76 BMGA competitions, winning five of them. I've had six runner-up finishes, three third-places and 23 other top ten finishes. In the five years as a BMGA player I have had the honour of representing Great Britain in two international minigolf tournaments overseas (the 2008 WMF Nations Cup in Finland and the 2011 WMF Nations Cup in Sweden) and at the 2011 WMF World Adventure Golf Masters in Hastings. I have also represented England in five World Crazy Golf Championships, reaching the finals on three occasions.

Emily made her BMGA Tour debut on the biggest stage in Crazy Golf at the 2007 Virgin Money World Crazy Golf Championships in Hastings where she finished 54th overall and 6th in the Virgin Money Women's World Crazy Golf Championships.

Related Blog Posts:
- Crazy Golf and Adventure Golf in Southend-on-Sea - Crazy World of Minigolf Tour

6 comments:

Roger Mellie said...

Congratulations on your Wooden Anniversary! What a load of bollocks!

Richard Gottfried said...

Thanks for your comment Roger. Big fan, can I have your autograph please?

I enjoyed your Celebrity Golf adventure ;-)

Roger Mellie said...

Nice to hear that. Unfortunately I don't do autographs for Dicks. ;)

Anonymous said...

You want s medel ??

Anonymous said...

Yo want a medal??

Richard Gottfried said...

Hmm.

Yes.